The Second City Comedy Camp
Campers exercise their sense of play through improv games and exercises that are the foundation of The Second City’s unique brand of comedy. Our teachers will help enhance their ability to communicate with others and develop confidence in their own creativity while working as part of an ensemble.
Our comedy camps attract students from all over the world to learn improv, make friends, and perform on our stage! No previous experience is needed. Camps end with a show where the students show off what they’ve learned!
SUBJECTS Depending on which camp your child takes, they will learn between 2-6 of the bellow subjects:
• Improv: Explore the fundamentals of improv. Develop skills like creative thinking, self-confidence, listening, brainstorming, team building, empathy, and communication, while having loads of fun and laughs.
• Musical Improv: Learn to spontaneously put words to music.
• Sketch Comedy: Learn the basics of sketch comedy scenes, the building blocks of any Second City show. Study classic Second City scenes, use improv to develop scenes, and create original sketches.
• Stand-Up: Students develop their personal style as a stand-up comedian or storyteller as we focus on developing material, stage presence, and delivery.
• Clowning & Physical Comedy: Clowning is 50% physicality, 50% silliness, and 100% fun. Students will learn about slapstick comedy and how to theatrically control their gestures.
For summer 2020, these classes will be delivered Online unless otherwise specified.
6560 Hollywood Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90028
690 E Orange Grove Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91104
These classes will be delivered Online unless otherwise specified.
Hollywood only Camp hours (9am-3:30pm)
Mini Camps 9am-12:45pm
1-Week Camps 9am-3:30pm
2-Week Camps 9am-4pm
Early drop off available. You can drop your student off as early as 8:30 am free of charge. Late Pick Up: 30min after camp ends.
Mini Camps $225
1-Week Camps $395
2- Week Camps $800
Check with the camp for any discounts.
”She absolutely loved every minute of camp. She will definitely be back, you really made this a great experience.” - Irene Z.
”He usually hates camp so I was pleasantly surprised to hear him say, he loved it. We will be back.” - Court P.
"You guys are doing a great job with your kids at Second City. These improv skills are so essential in life. Learning to think on your feet and just rolling with it have been the two biggest things my kids are getting out of it." -Asha F.
”Second City has been such an amazing thing in my life. I look forward to going to class…it’s a great environment and everyone has so much fun.” –Kiernan Shipka (Sabrina, Mad Men)
Tel: (323) 464-8542